Friday 12 August 2011

Splash of colour

... I'm mental about rugs... Sorry... I'm actually mental about a lot of things in life... *smiles*... No.. No.. I'm only kidding... I got the purple one first... coz it looked gorgeous.. The photograph does not do any justice to how pretty that rug actually is.. The design has an embossed effect... with a little bit of glitter... Its very pretty!! Hence... although it didn't fit in with my 'lotus' theme... I got her home!! *smiles*...
The I found the red one... Its plain red... with a gorgeous shimmer !! This was for my gazebo upstairs... Although I had it in the living room for Christmas (pic below)...
Now the truth... Bumble (my new baby)... has misused the rug ... a few times!! I don't have to tell you what he's been upto!! While I'm trying to get it laundered... and back to normal (I hope).. I quickly picked the green one.... which perfectly blends with my 'lotus' theme... but isn't the right size...
So which one do you like??
I painted one dining room red and I must say,
the conversation became very heated in that room.
~ Amanda Pays
Effects of PURPLE
* uplifting
* calming to mind and nerves
* offers a sense of spirituality
* encourages creativity
"Green is the prime colour of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
~~Pedro Calderon de la Barca, Spanish Poet and Playwright, 1600-1681
So.... which colour are you partial towards?? Do you like the green more?? or the purple more... or even better... Do you think I should now have a yellow rug?? *smiles*
I'm linking in to some fun blog parties!!

27 comments:

  1. Love each and every single one of them! awesome truly..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the red one. Most of all I just love your bench and coffee table. That is my kind of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors!!! and yes love teh decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red one looks good nd ya yellow will look nice too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puple! Red! Green for some reason aint as glamarous as u r :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the red one and of course love the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red, Purple and green in the order of preference. Green is making entire decor dull.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the first two combinations...traditional living room with good artefacts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome pics! Love the red one more..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way the rugs change the character of the entire room. I know you changed the cushions to match, but even the light seems different! The purple is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOved all the settings but the purple is my favourite-est, followed by the orange and then the green :) I agree with MF above the rugs change the whole look of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The purple one is my favorite, though I think they all hold their own...gorgeous room:)

    Bumble, bumble....:):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green Patty, that's bringing a certain suttleness to an otherwise very colorful room and so giving the much needed balance :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was leaning towards the first(red) one until I saw the effect of the purple with the throw pillows - it looks stunning. The green one is not a good choice colorwise( it is lost) or scale-wise (too small).

    ReplyDelete
  15. my vote is for purple and I want that coffee table lol...we r in desperate need for one but I m not able to find smthing like this here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Red it is . I kind of like the green also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the purple one,and also the cushion covers looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Red for sure! Purple is wow though!
    Green at number 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the red one the most, the other two are also good. Gorgeous furniture and lovely painting:)

    ps: Are you back in Dxb? Hope you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the purple one! saw you on linky party, now google following you. Please pop by and I would love it if you followed me too, Karima x www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd vote for purple. It fits well in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am torn between the red and the purple. They are both beautiful. I love color with dark woods. very striking in each example. Color does set a mood. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patty.. I love all the three colors of Rugs.. Especially love the green one as it kind of gives a serene look. A Buddha in the corner of the center table, a white lotus and the green rug would be marvelous. Btw, how do u manage to maintain these rugs and the other upholstery? I think it is a big task..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Patricia,I too love rugs and mats and throws.....and here I just can't say which one I like the best coz all of them look so very pretty!!!!Don't they change the look of any space!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!